Monday, November 9, 2009

6 months!

When Riley was six months, he was SO cute for his pictures. It is such a fun age! You almost can't get them to STOP smiling at the photographer. I thought it would be fun to get matching pics of Riley and Malia at six months. These are mine to keep forever on my wall. I will not be passing these down to my kids. They get their baby books and other memorabilia, but these will always be MINE!Much to my relief, Malia has finally embraced the art of sitting. I hope this will help let the back of her head round out since she hates being on her belly and always rolls to her back. Her pediatrician recommends she gets a helmet since her head is still wider than it is long, but I might wait and see since I think it's rounding out a little on it's own. Plus, isn't she a little doll sitting there like that!!!
Malia snuggle in the stroller while Riley trick-or-treated. She was a bumble bee!Riley was spiderman! This action shot pretty much captures how he was all night....running! He loved halloween this year. He was even happy to say "Trick-or-treat!" which he was too shy to do last year. This year, as long as the people at the door just gave him his candy or let him pick, he was fine. But if they tried to interact with him at all, he just froze :) He especially hated being chased by a big gorilla with a chainsaw. We heard his wrath on that subject for the rest of the night!
SPIDERMAN!!!!!
We are looking forward to the holidays! Ben is determined to get a real tree this year. I am a fan of artificial, but hey why be stubborn when I know Ben will have fun taking Riley to get a tree. My only request is that it be symetrical because I am a freak who can't handle asymmetry in any form. My mom is coming to visit for Thanksgiving! She will join us at the Cooks, and my biggest goal is to get her to embrace sweet potatoes (Kade and Ciara make the BEST sweet potatoe dessert thingy). Also can't wait to go to New Moon with friends this month. I hope we can spend lot's of time with friends and family over the next few months!

















3 comments:

The Wilson's said...

Malia is so adorable. Great pics of them!! I wish i had more matching shots of Willow and Elwyn, but i am way too lazy to keep up with stuff like that:)

Heidi said...

Darc - your family photo on the blog is fantastic, so funny.

Tanya said...

CUTE!!!!!! she is such a doll! Your new banner made me laugh...! The tales of Riley are funny too, sounds a lot like Sienna last year, LOL.
Sounds like you have fun plans coming up....hope we're included! :D