Wednesday, August 22, 2012

HOT July!

July was.....hot.  I must say the only thing I enjoy about hot summer days is when they are over, and then I really do enjoy warm summer nights.  But just to prove that we did have SOME fun this July, here's a few of the happenings!
I finally got to experience The Melting Pot.  I usually cringe at the thought of $40/person for a meal, but I can honestly say this was worth it!  The food was great, and it was a looooooonnnng dinner, which was part of the fun.  4 courses!
This is the vegetable course.We cooked the vegetables in broth right on the table.

I had such a great time with these pals.  We felt really cool, being up in the big city, and being out so late :)

Sometimes Riley helps Malia get dressed, and combs her hair.  I think it is so cute!
 

At the pool, eating lunch and Malia is drinking her "Pri-sun.".  She can't go a day without at least two "Pri-sun"s.

Ben took me out for my birthday, and this picture shows how well mannered I am after a fine meal.  HA!

This was a HEAVENLY cheesecake with raspberry topping.  I want some right now!  I love Malia, with her  awkward half smile.  Love her blue eyes!

My two little monkeys!

At this point in July my mom had been living with us for about 3 weeks!  She doesn't look too shell shocked.

I love these guys!

Malia and our friend Jeff's little boy, before the boys went camping.

MAN time.

More man time :)

Went to lunch at Jason's Deli with the Cook ladies, plus my Mom, who was happier than she appears in the picture. Hee hee!

And my Mom calls this Malia's "come hither" look!  I call it her "I am soooo georgeous....look at me." look!

All in all, I am GLAD July is over and can't wait for fall.  I'm sure in the middle of freezing winter I will be wishing for July, but then I will remember how hot it was, and our ELECTRIC bill!!!  Thank goodness for air conditioning though.  How can people live in St. George????

No comments: