Thursday, November 29, 2007




How annoying that it's already Christmas time!!! Actually, Christmas was never as much fun before Riley was born. Now we get to watch HIM have fun and that is fun for us. I never thought it would work that way, but it really does! I always heard that once you have a child you see the world through their eyes and it's like seeing everything for the first time again. I am now a believer.


Ben and I had a "friendly" debate over whether we should have a real tree (bundle up, head out, climb a mountain, chop it down, head back, insert trunk into stand, listen to Ben swear) OR set up our perfectly good artificial tree that is right in our closet just waiting to be loved again as much as it was loved (by me) last year. Well, as you can see by the pictures Ben came to his senses and we set up our wonderful, symmetrical, non-fire hazardous tree :)


3 comments:

Becca said...

Yeah, we are trying to decide if we should buy a fake tree or buy a real tree. No mountain climbing either way...

I love the pictures of Riley; he is so cute. And that is my FG house!!! What is Riley's costume? Is he dressed up like a girl??? LOL Ivan is going to love this!

Melissa said...

you guys are so funny! I love reading your blog, and I'm so glad you have one now. I doubt that ben ever swears! :)

ciara said...

Darci, I freaking love how you say things!! They are so descriptive that I can paint a picture in my mind of exactly what is going on!! I especially love your point of view on getting a real tree. Now come on, would Ben really swear? Umm.....maybe dont answer that. :) It was definately nice just going and buying a real tree at the lot instead of doing the usual cutting one down. Do you remember our Charlie Brown Christmas tree last year-I dont think it had one needle left after Christmas!! It got to the point that if you blew on it, the needles would fall off. It was ridiculous!!!
Anyways-Love the pics!!!