Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Last night we cut Riley's hair, and it took us forty-five minutes to realize that our clippers were CRAP and to run next door and borrow the neighbors which are not crap! I wasn't intending on buzzing his hair, but I had made so many mistakes with the scissors and our crappy clippers that we had no other option, but I think it actually looks pretty cute. Now that I know how easy it is to buzz his hair with a GOOD buzzer, I will probably keep doing it. At the beginning of this hour of haircutting, Riley was REALLY good and cooperative. But once we hit half and hour, there was wailing and gnashing of teeth (by both Riley and I) and by the time we were done Riley looked like a hairy little monkey with all his fallen hair on his back, and he was begging for Ben to wipe his tongue off with a rag which Ben had been doing during the last half hour.

This picture has a funny story with it. The other day Riley was in time out on his chair, and when time out was over and he was getting off his chair, somehow the chair hurt his leg. So of course, the law demands that the time out chair must now go to time out. I could see the wheels turning in Riley's head as he tried to figure out how to put the time out chair in time out. Well, he picked up the chair and put it in time out in the bathroom. After a minute, the chair had to say sorry to Riley and was then able to be returned to its corner :)

7 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

That time out story is pretty funny!

Oliver Family said...

my mom sayd with his hair cut he Deffenatly looks like a miniture ben. I also love the time out story. he sounds just like Riley

Janille said...

That is so funny! But good job with the hair cut! I'm just glad that Mike's sister Amy cuts hair! Or I could be in trouble.

Tanya said...

Whoa! A buzz! That's a totally different look for him! Fun!!

Love the time-out story. Sienna was just teaching some imaginary person (the other shoe, maybe?) how to un-tie her shoes... I was laughing. Kids are very funny sometimes!

Becca said...

The buzz makes him look more like rough 'n tough boy. And just in time for summer!

So is Riley saying that going to the bathroom is a punishment? Where did he get that idea? Kids are funny with quite an imagination, but the seed is planted by the parents.

Darci, do you go to the bathroom for "your time out", too?

ciara said...

Riley Riley Riley!! What a kid!! There will never be a child like him:) He is sooooo funny!!! Do you just lose control of yourself by laughing all the time!! Im going to have a hard time being a parent because I know Kade will be in the corner laughing and I will be left to dicipline.......But Im not that strong either!!! How funny. I really love his haircut. I know its not what you wanted but its fun and different!! And most importantly-you wont have to cut it for a VERY LONG TIME!!! -Love the post!

Michelle Akauola said...

Hey darci. I do love the hair cut. It took me a little bit to relize it was the same little boy. As for your comment back to me. yes suzette farmer she is verns aunt. And I went to beauty school with brians little sis and we also lived together. How do you know them.