Saturday, October 25, 2008

Visit to Boise

This a picture of one of the buildings at the old Boise State Penitentiary. These building's were really bleak, and the cells were just as bad. And these buildings were COLD! The cells were SO small, with room for maybe one person to stand and maybe to a pushup, but the cells were for two people. It would have been a bummer to be on the wrong side of the law back then. I don't know for sure, but I hear prisoners at most jails these days have it pretty okay.
Please nobody enlarge this picture. Just see it from a distance and imagine it is just a nice picture of a mom and daughter. This was probably the fifteenth shot we took, and each time we had to push the timer on the camera and RUN slipping and sliding to this spot, then strike a dorky pose. I think I do dorky REALLY well. I had a great time with my mom, and saw four movies that I highly recommend, listed in order of recommendation:
1. The Duchess (Beautiful, wonderful, intriguing storyline!)
2. The Secret Life of Bees (good movie that I wouldn't mind owning)
3. Max Payne (a bit scary)
4. Eagle Eye (really entertaining)

5 comments:

Tanya said...

haha, you crack me up! all killing yourself to get a shot of a view.... silly people! LOL! I haven't talked to you since you got back, I hope you had a good trip!
Any luck with the cinnamon rolls?

Pat R said...

isn't Eagle Eye the one where Shia LaBeouf becomes Indiana Jones? dang, now i'm all confused...

Becca said...

Mark Walberg???! Are you kidding me? Now, I know you are really dorky. hee hee

Anonymous said...

I ENLARGED THE PICTURE! And I loved it! The story of you running back and setting the camera each time makes it even more funny! Your so cute! I'm glad you had such a good time!

Janille

Michelle said...

Looks like you had fun. I love Boise, I think because I was born there, so it has a special place in my heart.