Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Ben took Riley to a party the other night, and they had a duck pond that he loved.
They also had a apple bobbing bucket, and Riley was playing in that for a while. When Ben went out to check on him, he found a few half eaten apples on the ground, and also some of the apples still floating in the water had a bite taken out of them! Hmmm, I guess Riley was taste testing the apples for people.

Riley and Kortley didn't get to spend hardly any time together on Halloween, but we were able to get this picture (after some serious coaxing since Riley was playing hard to get, as usual). In case you can't tell, Riley is Mike Wozowski, or the one-eyed Mike from Monsters Inc. His hand is in a pouch in the front where he put all his candy. Kortley is a cute little witch! Riley took quite a while to warm up to anybody (except his uncle Sam) on Halloween. He seems to have "performance anxiety" and whenever people pay too much attention to him, he clams up (and sometimes freaks out!) I love his personality, but I do hope he eventually will react a little more sweetly to people who are just being friendly to him! But he is definately a riot, and when he lets his guard down he is SO much fun and very entertaining...as long as he doesn't know everyone is watching him :)


10 comments:

Tanya said...

Yeay for updates! My kids both asked what Riley was, and -you should know- were rather offended you wouldn't answer the door when they came to trick-or-treat! LOL!

Becca said...

That is the cutest BIG eye I have ever seen!

Melissa said...

I love your family picture! Where did you guys take it at? I love the background and you all look so good. I love Rileys costume, although, I do think that Ben needs to dress up next year, and wear the nice hair piece Riley wore a couple of years ago. :)

Michelle said...

Riley looks so ADORABLE! Great costume...where did you get it?! So cute!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I glad you had a good Halloween!

ricci said...

Mike costume is so cute!! How are you feeling, pregnancy going good? I didn't know that you guys went on a cruise last may, just you and ben? take care

ciara said...

Oh my heck!! That is so funny!! Riley looks so cute! And so does Kortley! I love your pics. Kade and I are sitting here reading some blogs and got a real kick out of Riley's cotume! good job!

Shannon said...

Hi Darci!! It's me, Shannon Curran Hadden from Kiddie Kandid days. I found your blog on Melanie's. Your little family is gorgeous! I'm going to invite you to my blog since it's on private. Send me your email address at myrbonnebizness@gmail.com

Sue Ann Salmon said...

Congrats on the pregnancy, hope you are feeling well!

Sue Ann Salmon said...

Congrats on the pregnancy, hope you are feeling well!