Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Talented Ben

This is not an advertisement! But I do have to show off some of the beautiful things that Ben has built for us. Probably the biggest and best project was this beautiful door which will go in our house someday. It's so big and pretty, and it even sounds great when you knock on it! The sidelights are opaque so they are very private which was important to us.
His most recent project is Riley's new bed. He isn't sleeping in it yet, but for Christmas we plan on surprising him with a Disney Cars theme bedroom, and then we'll slowly make the switch over from the "baby" room to the big boy room. This bed is something we will have for a very long time! It's nice and sturdy, not to mention great looking.


He built this to fit in the corner of our bedroom, which is the best place for the T.V. I love this piece of furniture!



He made this frame for me one Christmas. I love the picture and wanted a nice frame for it, and walla! He made it!


These are some slanted frood storage shelves (the cans roll). It has been a nice addition to our pantry to help keep things organized. As you can see on the top shelve, we are almost out of spaghettios. Riley's likes them...probably because they are SO nutritious :)





This is Riley's toybox. He got this two years ago for Christmas, and it has been the perfect size. We realized once he wasn't a baby that he was accumulating more toys (and bigger toys) and we needed something good sized, but we wanted something that looked nice and could maybe be used someday for a storage chest.
In addition to all of these things, Ben has also built shelves for our laundry room, a huge flower box in front of our house, two big flower boxes in our backyard, a sandbox, and probably other things I am forgetting. When he builds something for us, it is always beautiful and sturdy! I'm so proud of him and this wonderful talent he has developed.



10 comments:

Tanya said...

Go Ben!!! I have to ask, where are you keeping the door?? and then I have to agree, yes, privacy is something you people definitly value. ;)

Melissa said...

Wow, we haven't been to your house for a while! All of those pieces of furniture are GORGEOUS! I love Riley's bed & toy box... that is so cool! Your door is beautiful, and we're excited to come and knock on it. :) Brian thinks Ben is a humble guy for not bragging about his talent. Way to go Ben!

STEPHANIE said...

Wow I didn't know he was so talented! Seriously, those are all beautiful!

Peacock Family said...

wow ben seriously i'm impressed!!! can I place an order? =) looks like you guys are doing well and congrats on the soon to be new addition to your family!

Anonymous said...

You have a gifted guy! That is all AMAZING!!

Anonymous said...

Okay I still want a toy box, I love the door and Riley's bed is wonderful. You are lucky to have such a talented husband! You will cherish these items forever. I love that my dad was talented like Ben! The items ( whatever they may be) always mean so much more when you know your husband or a loved one made them by hand.

The Luke Family said...

I am so jelous I love solid wood furniture! I think it is so beautiful!
Ben has done an amazing job! Would he ever start his own buisness?

Tori said...

Darci those pieces are amazing... I need to remember to talk to Ben about a front door problem so I hope you guys are coming to CHristmas. Thanks for sharing those pics and giving us all something to be jealous about. Ben you are amazing

Becca said...

I would just be echoing the other comments praising Ben's work, so I'll just say this - nice.

Jana said...

Wow! I am so impressed. Maybe i am totally not with it, but I had no idea he had that talent. How handy!