Tuesday, February 3, 2009

JUST SHOOT ME!!!

I like the picture of this monkey, because that is how I feel lately... like I'm losing my mind! How old am I???? If anyone knows for sure, just let me know. The other night at work, at like, oh, 3 a.m. a coworker asked me how old I am. I had to sit and think about it and I debated between 27 and 28, and so in the moment while she was waiting for my answer I decided to go with 27. I told her "I'm 27 and I'll be 28 in July." Later that day, after a little sleep, I thought it through a little more and came to the conclusion that I am in fact 28. The fact that I even have to THINK about it, let alone that I came up with the wrong number is CRAZY!!! But my mind is on overload right now. I just started working as a nurse, and this is very exciting but very challenging for me. I'm working overnight, so this is an interesting challenge. I am spending every spare moment studying for my boards that I have next Thursday, and let me tell you I am on information overload!!! This is why I have no room left in my mind to remember my age. But really, is there every ANY excuse for forgetting your age???

10 comments:

Janille said...

Wow wonder women! I think I would have lost my mind months ago! You are pretty amazing in my eyes even if you don't know your age. I will stay 27 with you though!

GOOD LUCK! p.s. you are looking SO CUTE!

Tanya said...

Absolutely. I forget all the time. 26 or something like that...wait, no...
I'm sorry I couldn't talk longer Sunday. My daughter spent the rest of the time at church FREAKING out. any surprise every last one of us is so sick? :P blah!
Let me know when you can hang out. I miss friends!

The Wilson's said...

i really wish i could forget my age...i get so depressed when i think about how old i am and about how little i have accomplished:( i just tell people i'm 22 or 23...they usually believe me:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is a time to forget your age... when you are still young at heart!! Good luck on your boards. I know you will do wonderful!

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

I did the same thing today at the doctor's office. Only problem is I have nothing to blame my insanity on!!! I looked at the paper and it says age...21...22...21...man I don't remember so I skipped it and wrote my birthday and realized, hey I can figure it out! Yeah, we're awesome!!!

Laura said...

Don't feel bad, Darci. I spent a good 15 minutes trying to convince a friend of mine (who is the same age as me) that we were a year OLDER than we actually were because I genuinely believed it was true...and I wasn't pregnant at the time...let's get a shared room at the looney bin!! Good luck on your boards! When they are all done, let's celebrate!!

Becca said...

that is so funny, because I still pause to think if I am 25 or 26... I can't believe I am turning 27 soon. It just seems so old..

DebLawson said...

Good luck with everything! I think it is so cool that you're a nurse. I hope you pass the boards... (maybe you already took them?!) You're gonna be awesome!


I WISH I could forget how old I am!!! And I wish I could forget that I am turning 37 in a few weeks. Maybe if I forget about it, I'll stay 36 another year.
Yes, I know. I am old.
I should be 27. I feel 27. But with my oldest turning 17 this year, I can't be 27. :(

Tanya said...

Soooooo.....how did it goooooooo??
:D I thoguht of you last night with teh whole bedtime battle and was a little jealous, lol!

Kelly said...

Laurie's and my mom did that once - for a whole year if I remember right. She kept saying she was 43 when she was only 42. Then it got to her birthday and she realized it! She got to be 43 for a whole 'nother year.