Monday, March 28, 2011

Hawaii Part 1

Ben and I just had our 10 year anniversary. We made it!!!! I like to joke around and say "Here's to 5 more!" We've always wanted to go to Hawaii, so we went for it. Now this post comes in 3 parts, which means LOTS of pictures but hey, it's Hawaii and it doesn't happen everyday. I'll put descriptions beneath the pictures, and maybe a little story here and there. I have a feeling this is going to take a while :)
We left on a Thursday morning at about 4 am. I got up at 2 and showered, shaved my legs (it had been a while) and got all beautiful which is silly since we were going to be on the plane all day. Just getting to the airport and checked in is unavoidably stressful, but THEN came the security line and our jaws literally dropped because the line was seriously about one block long in addition to all the winding the line does at the front. Our hearts just sank thinking there was no way we would get through that line in time. Our only comfort was watching everyone else's jaws drop as they walked by us to get in line. The further and further we got to the front of the line, the more smug we got and the more enjoyable it became watching the shock and anger of people as they realized what they were in for. I don't know WHAT was going on that day at the airport, but it was a mess. Somehow, we made it to our flight but I'm sure many people didn't. The picture above is on the first plane, a cramped little thing, and our seats were at the very, very back next to the engine or something very loud and the noise didn't stop the whole flight. Luckily in San Franscisco we got on a nice big comfy plane.

Ben on the 2nd plane, nice and comfy. I took several pictures and I kept this because it was the most.....flattering. Sorry hon.

Here's why I am so happy: this room is an upgrade, a free upgrade, because we complained about the swamp cooler in our first much tinier room. By no means was our room deluxe. But for our standards it was fine. And who doesn't love a free upgrade?Ben was happy too!

Our first night there, we went exploring the grounds at all the swanky nearby hotels. This sand sculpture was so amazing. The next day it was gone! Continue to Hawaii part 2 if you dare.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am SO GLAD you guys had such a great time! You both totally deserved it! I love all your pictures- now if I can just find a way to get there! :)

ciara said...

Oh I SOOOOOOOO CAN'T WAIT to go! It gives me a little teaser of what we get! I'm stoked! I'm so glad you guys had an awesome time, it was fun watching your little rats........stinkers.......adorable angel children! haha! Once Riley and I established some solid ground.....we were smooth saling! LOL! And I love all your pictures! We need to get together before we leave, we leave in 2 and a half weeks! Crazy!