Thursday, September 8, 2011

Onion Days!

I love that our town's celebration is known as Onion Days. Sound so inviting! But it is a lot of fun. We are lucky enough to be able to watch the parade in front of our Bishop's house and eat breakfast there before the parade. We went to the carnival too, and had a lot of fun although it was chaotic. The night we went was "family night" where all rides were just 1 ticket, so needless to say it was CROWDED. Add Riley + friend + Malia + big stroller + lots and lots of noise = a little bit stressful. The worst part was when Riley's friend, who is a titch taller than him, was allowed on a really cool ride and Riley was turned away. So Riley and I went on the Gravitron that spins around and presses you up against the walls. Felt like I was going to puke! And the ride smelled like puke so that didn't help. But Riley loved it and it took his mind off the ride he wasn't able to go on.

The only carnival picture we got. You can see Malia's bum on the right side.

This is just thrown into this post randomly, but I had to post this because it meant so much to me. I had a really bad night at work recently, and came home dog tired and really down one morning. I saw this picture on the counter, and knew Riley had worked really hard on it the night before. It meant SO much to me and helped me re prioritize and know that having Riley's love is more important that anything to do with work!
At the parade. I love this new jacket of Malia's.
Open mouth picture #1.
Open mouth picture #2.
Open mouth picture #3. Malia sat and ate candy the whole parade. Kept her very well behaved.

Riley was a more determined candy getter this year than any year before. He's catching on to this parade thing!
Malia and her best buddy.

I thought this guy was brave.

No comments: