Thursday, September 8, 2011

Camping is Fun.

A long awaited family reunion with my mom's side, the Blackers!


This was on the drive there......I love that chubby neck!
Riley discovers hand surfing.

Nothing beats cramming a smallish vehicle with everything you need to live in and live on for 2-3 days! I was voting for hotels for all future trips until we got to the beautiful woods near Mirror Lake and I realized how fun camping can be, especially if you are a kid and have no real responsibility!
From left to right: Grandma Lynn Blacker, Ali (my Aunt), Me, Malia, Julie(Aunt), Laura(Aunt), Ary(my cousin, Laura's daughter)
I LOVE Malia's double chin. Riley was so bugged by Malia because she kept toying with his pillow. I swear, she knows how to push his buttons and she really gets joy from it.
Our first morning! Ben cooking breakfast, the kids looking adorable.

Me and my honey's by Mirror Lake.

Nothin's cuter on a little girl than a big brown butt stain. This is mudd, not the other.


I love when we can get a cute picture of them together, smiling!

My beautiful Aunt Allison. I know, she is so young. They look so cute together!

Ben picked this flower for me, and I loved how the roots and dirt clump were part of the gift :)

Stirring the chicken with a piece of wood. Yum.


Here's where it turned ugly! Packing up in the rain. Blah!

Oh you can bet the family bonding was intense on the way home. None of us were grumpy or tired. Nope.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

LOL! camping IS fun if you're a kid! :) And that's so fabulous that NONE of you were tired or grumpy the whole way home! :) You guys are awesome!