Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day Weekend at the CABIN!

Riley was REALLY chicken at first to jump over even the tiniest stream. Then he got REALLY brave and was leaping over water everywhere.

I am SO grateful for my family. I love Ben so much and appreciate his qualities. He is.......wonderful!


I love the picture of Ben and Riley fishing. What a priceless moment captured forever in a picture!
I can never get enough of Riley's cheeks. I must kiss them MANY times everyday. So far he puts up with it, but will he forever? The problem is they may not stay as squishy.

Riley wasn't too thrilled with the life-jacket. I however was
amused!


We just wanted to wash his feet off, since his shoes would somehow disappear five minutes after we put them on him. The body language shows pretty clearly that he wasn't cooperating with our plans of dipping him in the water.

My family!
It was a WONDERFUL weekend. We got there Friday night (later than planned) and worked really hard that night and much of Saturday getting the cabin ready for the spring. It was a massive fly graveyard in there! But it was rewarding to get it cleaned up, get the propane going, get powere going, and get the water going (this step involved lots of spraying water out of different hoses throughout the cabin, and lots of frantic running and screaming by Ben and I trying to turn water off!) It was so wonderful to spend time with Riley and Ben, and also my family.

6 comments:

Becca said...

Oh! The Cooks' cabin. That is so cool (and nice of you guys) to clean it up for the many visitors. I loved all your pictures especially the whole family.

Yeah, my dad wants to get rid of all our stuff occupying his precious house space, so he wanted to bring my prom dress to SJ for me. So thoughtful, huh? I think I might sell that Cinderella dress on Ebay... I'm certainly never going to wear it again unless Ivan has a fantasy or something

STEPHANIE said...

How fun! You got a lot of good pictures!

Tanya said...

How fun for you guys! The pics of Riley make me laugh too!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pictures! They are so cute! I'm glad you had such a good weekend! Your such a cute family!

Laura said...

Looks like fun! We had a blast last night! Thanks for coming over to play! Lets do it again soon!

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Riley is getting so big (and defiant)! We miss you guys, we;ll have to get together sometime soon!