Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Last Night and Day of Freedom

Monday night was the last night that I didn't have to worry about getting up early the next morning for anything! I am REALLY going to miss that. Tomorrow I have to get up at 6 to get ready for my LAST SEMESTER OF NURSING SCHOOL!!! Is it obvious I'm excited? I just can't believe I am a mere 4 months from being done, although I still feel like I have so much to learn....so friends and family, wait five years to ask me any medical questions unless you want me to make up some bogus answer! So Monday night we went and roasted hot dogs up Payson canyon with our friends the Ellis's and their two boys. Had a great time!
I went up with the idea that I would stay away from the fire so that I wouldn't have to wash my hair which I had just washed and fixed. Ha Ha to that idea...I REEKED afterwards because there is just no way to roast hot dogs and marshmallows without soaking up that campfire smell.
Today (Tuesday) is my last official day of freedom. So I walked with Riley to One Man Band and we ordered a breakfast to share. Riley and "Tiggy" helped pick our order. Let me tell you if you want a nice, greasy breakfast...go to this place. It's good the caloric content doesn't accompany the food!
Open WIDE!!!
Does anyone else's kid drink the ketchup and the frysauce? I guess they ARE in little cups, so to a kid that says "Drink up!" He was putting ketchup on his pancakes too. What IS it with kids and ketchup?

10 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Maddy would drink any kind of sauce if I would let him. Good luck with school!

Tanya said...

haha, you make me laugh. I'm glad you had a nice couple days tho! I made twelve stinkin loaves of that bread tho, so when you guys run out- CALL ME.

Heidi said...

Good luck with your last semester!
And thanks again for coming to see my play - I was so glad you could be there.

Erin said...

Darci--how nice to get out with the girls, that's cool you all keep on touch to do that. I love Park City, especiall in the fall and spring.
Hope everything is going well!!
Erin

Becca said...

Really? This is your last semester? That is so awesome and crazy at the same time. I am gonna be so proud of you (when you finish). JK.

Riley is so funny. And I am glad you guys spent time together before your semester. Did you and Riley plant to match outfits for the bonfire?

Guess who's coming to Utah next weekend? Yep, we better get together before your projects really get started.

ciara said...

Can I just say that I laughed my butt off at your comment on my blog!! That was so dang funny....I just might take you up on that photo shoot, and dont worry about shaving your legs, you will always appeal to me no matter what!!!! hhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa!! And it looks like you had a blast up the canyon. And it looks like you had so much fun in park city!! Im jelous!! It would be so fun to have a girls night out!! That never happens for me!! :(

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! Good Luck! I just want to let you know I made my blog private and want to invite you. My email is mjolsonfam@hotmail.com if you want me to add you.

Tori said...

That is AWESOME that you are so close to being done with school. I wish I had the motivation to finish. You are amazing,good luck with this semester!

Ormond Photography said...

Hey-I think I just figured out how to leave comments. I am so blog illiterate. Looks like you had fun with all the girls in park city. Riley is getting so cute, he is a perfect mix of you and ben! miss you

The Luke Family said...

Darci,
I am glad to know that my lawn is still doing well it is dieing here. Very few people here put in sprinking systems so I am told by this time of the year eveyones lawn is dieing but that is ok because everyones is dieing. Also I meant to tell your Riley's cake was SO cool you will have to tell me your secrets.
Mandee