Thursday, April 16, 2009

A DATE!!!


I could have kissed my doctor's feet today. He dangled a carrot (in my case more like a diet coke and a pink sugar cookie) in front of me and I snatched it up without ANY hesitation. He offered to schedule me for an induction next thursday, which is my moms birthday and also a full three days before my due date! Hmmmm, lets see, should I NOT take the offer and sit and wait and wonder if every little pain I have is THE pain that will lead to more pains that will lead to the end of this miserable fatness, or should I get induced which enables me to relax a little and plan a little and see a light at the end of the tunnel? It was an easy choice. So next Thursday it is! I've heard people say being induced is wonderful, and I've heard others say it's horrible. I choose to believe those who say it is wonderful! I can stop shaving my legs every night "just in case" and just shave them next Thursday before going to the hospital. I can know that when the pain starts to get bad, I will already be at the hospital and nearer to the blessed individual who will give me my epidural. I can make plans for Riley's whereabout throughout all this, and I can know that it won't be a frantic dash to the hospital in the middle of the night! And yay for no more doctor's appointments with humiliating weigh-ins :)

9 comments:

The Luke Family said...

How exciting!!!
I had to be induced with Will but it was no different than my other two. But you know you are jinxing yourself by not shaving you are for sure going to go into labor at any time now! Yeah if you do though right?!
Have you tried caster oil? I put it in a milk shake with Parker and it worked like a charm.

Stacy and Justin said...

I was induced and absolutely loved it. It was a week late, so I am a little jealous. Good luck!

Tanya said...

haha, you seriously, truly, crack me up! But a date is awlays good! :) Let me know if you need anything!
Mandee is right, castor oil worked like magic for my mom #3 too. :)

cpcox99 said...

Hooray is right! I can't wait to see your cute baby girl. And I'm very happy that you don't have to shave your legs everyday anymore. :) GOOD LUCK!

Unknown said...

I agree with the first comment!! Just because you said that, now your going to go into labor and your going to be all sorts of NOT prepared!!!! hehe! And once again, I just laughed at your post! The cat........where did you find that picture!!! I actually want to see you in that position right now!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! If you do need help with Riley just call. We are here for you!

Laura said...

I haven't read your blog in forever!! I am so excited that you have a date and a light at the end of the tunnel! Being induced is awesome! I am glad you got to do so many fun things with Ben and Riley before your little Malia comes! It was really fun to see you guys today and I can't wait to meet Malia! She and Kaylie will be bff's! :) Keep us posted!

Becca said...

The 23rd of April is a good day. I hope all goes well with the pit. Please, please, don't get a c-section unless you have to!!! Lots of love and I can't wait for the news.

BTW, I am going private, so I hope I have your correct email address.

Heidi said...

Exciting - I'll be thinking of you. I hope it all goes super smoothly (including your legs).

Love you!