Sunday, April 5, 2009

Riley's Special Date!!!

I had this great idea last weekend that it would be fun to take Riley out for a date with Ben and I to give us the chance to spoil him a little while he is still our only child. So I reserved a room at La Quinta up in Salt Lake near this place called Hollywood Connection, and we left Saturday afternoon for a night of fun :) One little glitch which really bugs me is that somehow I managed to reserve the room for Thursday night instead of Saturday night, so we show up saturday night with no reservation and the cheapest room is $80, PLUS my card was probably charged for the Thursday night that we weren't even there ($50 plus taxes and fees). So yah, that bugs a little but what can I do?
Really can you put a price on watching these two guys romp in the pool???

Riley LOVED the hottub! The mistake we made was letting him get in the hot tub first, and then trying to persuade him to get in the pool. He just thought we were crazy and wondered why on earth he should get into a cold pool when there was a nice warm "pool" for him to play in :)



The only picture I got of Riley and I on our special weekend. Obviously I am not feeling photogenic these days! Headshots ONLY please :)



I think these swimsuits would look great on the beaches of Hawaii! Hmmm....gets me thinking!




Riley thoroughly enjoyed pushing the "unsuspecting" Ben into the pool over and over. We were the only ones in there so Ben felt free to be himself :)




One of the rides at Hollywood Connection. Just after this picture Ben decided what the heck and got on the ostrich next to the horse. Ben had to ride all the kiddie rides with Riley, and this was quite entertaining for me! I was a little jealous at first, but Ben's face practically turned green after several of the rides....plus their kiddie rides!!! So Ben felt a little silly, but all worth it to see the huge smiles and laughter from Riley.









This bus went up and around and around and made the most annoying sound. If I worked there I would probably go nuts.

The bumper cars were a huge hit with Ben and Riley. I laughed so hard when Riley's bumper car first took off and he had no idea how to steer or what was even happening. The look on his face was so funny! It would go from confusion, to nervousness, to bewilderment, to joy, to laughter, back to nervousness, and on and on. Oh and there's nothing like watching your three year old get knocked around on the bumper cars! Too funny! I hope Riley remembers this and that he always feels really special and loved and knows that nothing (not even a little sister) can EVER take his place or make him any less loved or important to us :)





















3 comments:

Heidi said...

Riley is getting so big!!!

Tanya said...

aww, that is a great idea! Looks like you guys had fun!

The Jacobson Family said...

It looks like you guys had a great time, it makes me want to do something like that with my family, I'm glad you guys had a great time.