Wednesday, April 8, 2009

SO ANNOYED!!!

Okay, two things are bugging me so bad! First of all, trying to sell your home is the BIGGEST pain. Let me just tell you what's happened so far. We put our house on the market with an agent (who we really like, by the way) and nine days later someone comes to look and puts in an offer that very night! Great! Wonderful! We are ecstatic! So we accept the offer (it's a pretty good offer) and wait for them to get back to us.....except they don't. So we wait, and wait. Finally after a weekend wondering what the heck, their agent FINALLY calls our agent back and sais that they basically don't feel like it's the right time for them to buy anymore. Grrrrrr. Fine, so we've moved on. Then Monday our agent calls us and sais there is a couple who wants to look at our house Wed. at 10:30 am (today). So Ben and I are excited and spend last night and this morning getting our house ready and perfect for these people to look at, and at 10:30 as I'm walking over to my doctor's appointment I get a call from our agent that the guy is sick and they have to reschedule. So I am so bummed and annoyed, and have decided that selling your house is a good way to get your hopes up and have them crushed, just in case any one is looking for a way to accomplish that!
Okay now for the second thing: at about midnight last night I started have small, not too painful, but REAL contractions. I know when they are real because they are in my lower back and feel exactly the same as the ones that got Riley into the world! By 1:30 they are getting worse, and so I start timing them. About 7 to 10 minutes apart, painful, and this goes on. So I'm thinking this is it! Lucky me! 2 1/2 weeks early! So I get up, fix my hair (I know, dumb. But for some reason it MATTERS!) and then settle in to keep timing them. No sleeping through all this of course, for me anyway. Well, by 5:30 they start to spread out more, and as of right now (noon) I haven't had one for probably 4 hours. I went to my doctor's appointment at 10:40, and the verdict is that the baby is very low, her head is engaged, I am very thin (yah, I wish I was talking about my figure....but you moms know what I mean) but the doc couldn't tell if I am dilated due to the location of my blah blah blah I won't go into details :)
SO I AM ANNOYED BECAUSE I WAS SO EXCITED AT THE POSSIBILITY OF HAVING A POTENTIAL BUYER LOOK AT OUR HOUSE, AND EVEN MORE THRILLING THE PROSPECT OF HAVING A BABY TODAY!!! I think this means I deserve to go out on a date tonight. I'll have to let Ben know :)

6 comments:

Peacock Family said...

Hey Darci.. sounds like you've had quite the past few weeks.. thats so exciting though that you will soon be bringing home aonther addition to your cute little family! and hopefully Ben will take you out on a date tonight..lol ;)

Janille said...

Darci, I'm so sorry! That is a lot of disappointment for one day! I hope things get better soon!

Tanya said...

ohhh! that IS frustrating! All of it!!! Maybe tomorrow the sun will come out and that will help. HA HA HA. :P

ciara said...

You make me laugh! NOT at your disappointments, just at how you say things!! Hehe, you should be a writer. Your posts are always entertaining to read! And Oh my GOSH...about the baby!! Holy cow! You are close!! I want you to have her so bad.....cant wait to see her!!! yeeeeey!! Let us know!!!

The Wilson's said...

Darci, you are way too funny!!!

Becca said...

At least you have such a clean home!! I am jealous; my house is a wreck.