Sunday, July 28, 2013

Gracie First Couple Weeks

Gracie came home Wednesday, July 17th around noon.  My mom had
been staying with the kids, and she left about an hour after we got home.
The best part about that first evening was when Malia came running up
as I was getting ready to feed Gracie, and stated she wanted to feed Gracie
herself.  I asked her what she would feed her: "Milk!"  I asked her where
she would get the milk: She looked at me and shyly pointed to her own
little chest.  So cute and funny!  When we told her it wasn't gonna happen
she cried and hid under the table.  Oh Malia!  Of course Riley and Malia 
both were eager to hold Gracie a LOT, and I'm glad to say that within a 
few days that wore off.  They love her!  We had several people bring 
dinner and gifts.  I have to mention Jill's pot roast that first night we came
home made me want to have a baby every year just for the pot roast!!!

Ryan and Kelsey, soon to be parents themselves in January!

Love this little baby.  Her little snuggly body....soooo cute.

We discovered the first night she does NOT appreciate
laying flat.  She has been sleeping in her carseat like in
this pic.  Hey, you do what you have to for survival!

I have a Malia and a Riley picture just like this!  

My Birthday was 5 days after Gracie was born.  Believe it or not,
Ben and I actually got to go out on a fun date.  We took Gracie with
us while family watched the other kidlets, and we saw a movie and
went out to eat.  Then that evening Ben made me a cake and we hung
out with our THREE kids.  

Poor baby!  But this is why you have kids....for entertainment!

I love my beautiful girls!  Truly, Malia's little face melts my heart.

Sucking on my face...one of the best parts of having a newborn
is that they constantly are thinking about food and thinking anything
near their face must be food, and attacking it!

She's still thinking about food...I just know it.

Awwww....baby feet :)

Here she is thinking about food again.

I love this.  They are so cute together.  Ben REALLY likes Gracie :)

In order to avoid me getting cabin fever and feeling down, we
have been trying to get out a lot.  It is so nice in the evenings
this time of year.  Here the kids are playing at the reservoir.

Me and little turkey #3

Love this guy!!!!

Her little profile is so sweet.  She reminds me so much of
Riley and Malia when they were newborns.  

Major milk mustache going on.  Thankfully this little girl is okay
with taking a bottle as well as nursing.  Actually, I think she may
be starting to prefer the bottle.  We'll see what happens.

I love my little Riley.  He has a very special place in my heart.
It's hard to explain.....

Post shower hair explosion!

Hi everyone!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Such a sweet baby! And so funny how all of yours look alike! :) Can't wait to meet her!!!