Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January 2014 Part 1

Let's see, let's see....what happened in January?  Well, the pictures below will
say a lot but one BIG thing that I have no pictures of is my new job at the 
InstaCare.  It has been both wonderful and challenging.  There have been
some growing pains.  I have learned a lot about being an InstaCare nurse, and
it is going to be great.  The more challenging part has been my other responsibility
of ordering supplies!  Everything from medications to toilet paper. The ordering
system is a bit screwed up at times.  For example I tried to order several boxes
of AAA batteries, and I got a box with ONE AAA battery rolling around in it.
There are many, many, many other similar crazy stories.  But it is all starting to
sort out.  And because of the hours, location, type of work, and people I work
with....it is my dream job.  I get to go to bed EVERY night.  It's amazing.  Now
let's get to the good stuff below...............
Ryan and Kelsey had their BABY!  When I got the call, I became
and emotional wreck.  The reason being that this is my first blood
nephew (or niece for that matter).  It just feels special.
And here's the little blonde, Logan. But I think
I will call him Lo-Lo.  On second thought I better
not. Logi? Naw.  I'l think on it.  

I got to go to St. George for the yearly (so far two years) girls
weekend.  Good times, good times.  Here's a few of us, getting
VERY affordable pedicures.  It was an anniversary at the nail
place, so only $12!  Sadly, but memorably (hee hee), Geniel
fell semi-gracefully and completely to the floor as she was stepping down
 after her pedicure was complete.  The sweet little (I mean that only
literally) Asian professionals helped her as best they could
and I did my best to stay serious which is very hard for me
any time anyone falls, even innocent children.


The five of us that could go this time.  We had such fun times!
There are other pictures that are un-postable, but to give a hint
they involve clearance bra/undie sets worn OVER very modest
pajamas.  Okay, that was more than a hint, but at least no picture.

Also this month, Gracie got her first tattoo!

We got a popcorn maker.  It made the kids laugh.  It made Gracie
very serious, and then after this pic she began to cry.

When Logan gets hungry, this Giraffe ear will suffice.
For a long time.  Like an hour.  

I'd say Gracie and Logan are roughly the same size.

Gracie is ready to play.  Logan is undecided for now.

She started to grab her legs!  Which meant it was time to take
her for her six month JCPenny pics, right?  To match the other
two kids poses, right?  Well now, that's a funny story. I'll have
to post a side by side of all three of them doing their
holding-feet-near-mouth-and-smiling-at-camera picture.
Gracie's is just a little different.  Just a little ;)

A moment to capture.  We have many of these moments now,
but someday we will miss this.  This is the time where she
reaches up and feels our face and grabs our noses while
she's drinking her bottle.  I love it!

Oh, and January was the beginning of Riley's first basketball
season ever!  So fun to have games to go to again.  He's loving
it.  The team has a great coach.  I don't think they've won a
game yet, but they are learning the basics and having a good time.

So anyways......

He made his first basket just last Saturday!  He's
also learning dribbling, passing, all the good stuff.
Watching him have a good time and develop good
social skills is one of the most enjoyable parts of being
a parent, I'm discovering.  Love this kid!  

And ANOTHER ear infection!  Here we are at the
doctor again, which is why Gracie has no clothes on.

Matching girl jammies, and photo-bomber!  Our three cuties.

6 months, and cuter than ever, just like her sister.

No comments: