Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This is the man who I trusted more than anyone to tell it like it is. I have so much respect for him and everything he said, and I can't say enough how much I trusted him. I never met him. I never even saw him from a distance, yet like many others I felt close to him. I loved everything about him, but a couple of things always stood out for me. First of all his humor! This drew me in like nothing else can. Secondly, his insistence that we respect other religions. Not only respect but embrace. Because he reached out to so many people of so many religions, he has gained a lot of friends in behalf of the LDS church. Of course I love all the past prophets because they are prophets. But I really LOVED Gordon B. Hinckley with all my heart. I am so happy for him and grateful that he prepared us all for his passing by lightheartedly addressing it at past conferences! He had a sort of "Well, I'm still here, surprisingly." kind of attitude. Gordon B. Hinckley opened up my heart in many ways, and he has left it ready to embrace and love our next prophet, whoever that may be. I know everyone loved him so much. How could you know him and not love him! What a wonderful person.





4 comments:

Tanya said...

Good thoughts. Thanks.

Laura said...

I loved your thoughts and feelings abut President Hinckley. I totally agree with you! Thanks for sharing!

Becca said...

Beautiful tribute, Darc. I couldn't have said it better myself (so I didn't)!

Heidi said...

Well said.