Friday, May 30, 2008

The Mayan and Living Planet Aquarium

As you can see by the pictures, we had a great weekend with my mom and brother, who drove down for a visit. It was so fun to have them stay with us for a couple of days. I don't get to see my brother too often since he lives in Washington, so this was extra special. I get to see my mom more often, so her coming was not a big deal (just kidding mom!) The Mayan is pretty amazing these days! When they call your party, it's "Cook party, pack your bags. Your adventure is about to begin!" Cheesy, but it's true....it's an adventure. The divers are awesome (not to mention ripped!). And the food is GREAT!!! Not bad prices either, especially since it includes entertainment and cool atmosphere. No I'm not being paid to say these things. From left to right: my mom, my brother, me, riley, ben.
Open wide!!! You can never get enough ice cream, although it's funny to watch him get a brain freeze...I mean, it's so sad to watch him get a brain freeze.
Apparently I can also open wide. I love how kids make the feeding face when they are giving you a bite, just like some of us do when we give them a bite. You know what I mean....when you open wide and bite down on air in unison with your child.
The aquarium was fun, although a little pricey for what was there. I couldn't get Riley to touch the sting ray. They a soft an slimy, but their spines are spiky and creepy.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I have to agree, the aquarium was cool enough, but not for $20! My kids wouldn't touch the stingrays either, and backed up pretty far when one lifted its wing over the edge as it swam by. That part was pretty funny....! Looks like you guys had some fun!

Becca said...

The aquarium must be new; it wasn't there last time I went. But you know, I get that overpriced aquarium feeling every time I go, so I don't think it really matters which one you go too... unless it was Sea World. I've never been there, but would love to go.

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

I have been wanting to go up to the aquarium, but I figured it was going to be expensive. So one time my mom and I went swimming with the stingrays and they let us feed them...they gave us squid and told us to hold them in a fist and hold it under their mouth and they will suck it in. Of course I was concerned it would bite me, but they assured me they have no teeth, only calcium deposits. So I stick my fist down there and sure enough it sucks up the squid and takes my hand with it! Pretty sure that guy was full of crap because it totally bit me! My hand was bleeding!! Anyway, just thought I would share in case someone tells you they don't have teeth. :-)