Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Best Day

Today, Ben's brother Sam married a BEAUTIFUL woman named Stacia, and it was truly a wonderful day. It was definately an all day event, as the temple sealing, the luncheon, and the reception all seemed to string together into one busy day. But it was just a really, really fun day and I enjoyed it so much. It was nice to have the day with Ben and Riley, and to be reminded of how wonderful it is to be committed to the one that you love, and to support eachother and to love and support and uplift those around you. It was the coolest temple sealing I've ever been to, and the coolest reception. The place where the reception was at was beautiful, and for four wonderful hours we enjoyed being outside, mingling with family and friends, watching Riley run around free and happy with his cousin Kortley, and looking on at Sam and Stacia who are the neatest couple. I have posted several pictures of Riley and Kortley, and sometimes I feel like I post so many pictures of them but they are so cute together which allows for many photo ops that can't be wasted. And I know someday they will grow up, and while they will still be buds, they may not be as sweet and innocent, and there will be no more saying "Riley, give Kortley a kiss!" It is wonderful to look over and see Riley and Kortley running along holding hands and laughing.

I usually don't get mushy, but right now I'm so happy to have had this day to be with people that I really love and to simply enjoy life....free from the usual mundane everyday stuff. It's nice every once in a while to decompress and get back to what's important!




The family picture is priceless to me, mainly because the smile on Riley's face is.....angelic! And anyone who's every tried to take pictures of Riley knows that getting a good shot is not always easy! He tends to be a grump and play REALLY hard to get for pictures. I'm taking him to Kiddie Kandids for his three year old pictures soon, so here's hoping for a happy Riley!




5 comments:

Tanya said...

ohh! I'm so glad you got to have a wonderful family day! I think you really needed it.
Your family picture is beautiful btw.

Becca said...

I love that black and white pic of Kort and Ri on the side. What a fun day. I bet you're glad to enjoy it, but not necessarily in charge of it.

To answer your ? - I remember someone falling, but I thought it was Samantha Hansen (do you remember her) or maybe it was me. I always thought it was so funny when the EMT's followed behind and I think they actually helped me or Samantha up.

I remember having a side ache three blocks after the starting line and walking for most of the way. Maybe that is when you felt bad for me...

STEPHANIE said...

Those are some PRICELESS pictures. I especially love the one of them laying on the grass holding the flowers(I clicked to make them bigger so I could see better-haha.) I love the one in your sidebar too and your family one. Doesn't it seem like a huge acheivment to get a good family picture with everyone smiling and looking at the camera. It was a beautiful wedding and I'm glad I got to meet you in person!

ciara said...

You said it well! The day was so awesome! Picture perfect and flawless. And yes it was so good to just hang out with family all day. I think going to the temple in the morning really set the mood for the whole day!! I love all your pics! I really love your family picture! We will have to do the pooring water over head "act" again to get Riley to smile!! hehe what a character! And we need to hang out again soon!! I miss you guys! And I miss watching Kade and Ben be retards together!

Jamie said...

It was such a beautiful day!