Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The old..........


Beige walls, purple accents, and crafty























The NEW!!!!!!!
Light blue walls with white trim and brown/bronze accents



I am a lover of change, and lately my upstairs bathroom had been bugging me. But I brushed it aside by reasoning that since we are planning on selling our Townhome in April, why bother? Well, we probably aren't selling that soon anymore since it's just not a great time to sell, and now that I know we will probably sit tight for a little longer in our cozy townhome, I have caught the decorating bug again. I decided late one night that I wanted my bathroom walls to be light blue, with dark accents, and the next morning I found myself at Lowe's, excitedly buying some paint. Then I scored at Mervyn's with the shower curtain ($15!), and the rugs (softest EVER) and the towels (also very soft). From there I bought some frames, and the pictures are cut out from this little book I have. So within 24 hours (okay, so it was 25 hours) I had a new bathroom. Everytime I come in the house and smell that paint, I get excited to run upstairs and check it out. Ben can confirm that once I get an idea, I can't rest until it's done ALL THE WAY and nothing better get in my way. I don't like finishing anything halfway, so sometimes starting projects can be dangerous. But I love my new bathroom! I also love this townhome because we have made it our own and literally every square inch of it has been fixed up, or redone, or somehow given our own touch (much of this was neccessary since when we bought it, it was a little trashed). I will be sad when the day does come that we sell and leave, and part of me is relieved that we will stay longer than planned.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your good! I love it so much! You make me want to go and redo something. What can I paint?

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! I just painted my basement bathroom chocolate brown. ( keep in mind that is all we have done) I am excited that you will be sticking in Payson just a little bit longer than anticipated. It is always nice to know you have friends around.

STEPHANIE said...

Looks great!

Melissa said...

I love the blue! It looks great! I want to paint a wall in our living room green, but I'm afraid i'll choose the wrong green and then it will make everyone sick. :) Anyway, I LOVE it!

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

It looks GREAT!! I am totally the same way...when I have an idea, watch out! I can't sleep until it's complete, it's terrible!

Tanya said...

So THAAAT's where you've been! haha, bet your blue is better than ours! :P 25 hours huh...maybe I can convince Burt one of these days!

Oliver Family said...

I love the new bathroom, its so cute. I also love when you have changed something and you come home to somthing changed. Its kinda fun.

Becca said...

That bronze is SO contemporary and modern!! I can't wait to use your potty in a couple weeks.

Nuttcrackers said...

wzxYou did such a great job! Do you think you could come finish my house for me :)

Jana said...

Looks awesome!!!