Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fun Fourth!

Well it's late but this next week is crazy busy so I thought I'd better do a quick post. We had a GREAT fourth of July. We went to Moroni thursday evening and stayed until Saturday night. On Friday the parade was in the morning, and this year was especially meaningful to the Cook family and extended family because there was a float in the parade that carried Ben's Grandpa Morris Cook (seen in picture number 2 along with Ben's Dad) and his 100 great-grandchildren. This year there happens to be 100, so we commemorated that moment with a float. A guy from KSL news came and did a story on it, which was on the news that night although the news at 10 pm on the Fourth of July isn't the most viewed! It was so fun seeing Riley on the float. As he passed us, he was doing just fine and throwing candy and waving his little flag. But of course I had to do the crazy mom thing and shout out "Riley! Riley! Hi Honey!!!" He did see me and waved back, but then I could see it register on his face that he was slowly moving away from me, and I could see his happiness replaced with concern, and although I couldn't hear him I could see him saying "I want my mommy." He and Kortley were so cute next to eachother, numbers 80 and 81. If you are able to watch the KSL news clip, it's kind of fun to see. A little after the 1 minute mark, there is a clip of Riley and Kortley jumping around together. Of course us proud parents have watched the clip many times!

I took Riley to a little carnival, and he pretty much had some of the rides to himself. He went on a big bouncy slide to, and I had no way of physically getting him off short of me jumping on and making a fool of myself. Riley took full advantage of this and went down the slide several times (even though we had only given one ticket). Eventually I was able to coax/threaten him off! Last time I had to jump onto one of those jumpy things for kids, I ripped a whole in the seam.




Ben and I enjoying a little family mingling time before the fireworks. Moroni fireworks are great! The whole town (plus many others) gather and spread out on blankets and chairs on the baseball field. There are concession stands and usually a band playing, plus LOTS of glow-rings. When the big lights go off, everyone screams and the some of the kids run around trying to find their family (sounds scary...I don't mean it that way. It's fun!) And the the fireworks begin, and they are so close to the ball field they are practically over your head! Good times.

6 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, I miss Moroni 4th of July!!! Looks like you all had lots of fun and please tell me you ate some Sanpete BBQ turkey for me.

I can't wait to see you in another week or so.

ciara said...

heck ya baby!!! that was great fun!!!! I do love the fireworks!! I have a link on my blog for any of your fellow bloggers if they want to see the ksl news clip:)

Melissa said...

That is so cool! We heard about something like that, and thought it was really neat. How cool that Riley got to participate in it. You look gorgeous in the picture of the 2 of you! We need to hang out soon and hear all about your cruise...

Anonymous said...

Hey There...

Oh how cute is that!!! I heard about the cute float... what a cute idea!! I wish I would have seen it on the news. I am bummed we didn't see you guys too! It looks like you guys had so much fun! And I laughed when I saw the same picture of Riley on the Boat! What a cutie! xoxoxo

<3 Julia

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! That is so cute. I will have to check out the news clip. I'm glad you guys had a great time! I love all of the pictures!

cpcox99 said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We weren't too far away in Mt. Pleasant for the fireworks. I just want you to know that I think you're so great! I wish I could have talked to you more tonight. You're fabulous!