Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It was my friend Tanya's birthday Tuesday so I took her out to this really fancy restaurant called Carl's Jr. Her son took the picture of Tanya and I, and I have to wonder why my head looks twice as big as hers. I have noticed that in other pictures too. Anyone out there noticed how big my head is, and just haven't dared tell me? Cuz pictures don't lie. Now I've always thought Riley has a very large head. It's endearing on a child because they always look top heavy. But as an adult, I don't want to look top heavy (I'm not talking about THOSE! I'm talking about my big head). Anyways, the kids had fun. Riley and Sienna are good buds, until they start hitting or shoving eachother. Then they make up and are buds again. That pretty much happed eight times while we were there. And Hunter and Riley have a lot of fun too, even though
Hunter older. So we all had fun porking out on the healthy, low
calorie, organic food that they sell at Carl's Jr. I had the pleasure of sharing my lemonade with Riley and Sienna. I LOVE that string of saliva that two year olds have as they are pulling their lips off the straw. Then one end breaks away from their lip and slops right onto the straw. Mmmmmm.

7 comments:

Janille said...

Sounds like you had a fun day. You DON'T HAVE A BIG HEAD! I think we all have something we don't like. Mine is my long neck. I hate it! I know what you mean about sharing your drink with a 2 year old. Maleea only wants to drink out of my cup at dinner. Every time I go to take a drink I have a cup full of floaties. YUCK!

Tanya said...

you are such a goof! Ben's head is as big as yours so its ok!
....if this was posted at 3 yesterday afternoon why didn't it show up til late THIS afternoon??
Anyway, thank you again. :D

Tanya said...

Thanks Darci!

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh! Thank you too! Don't worry about telling Ben anything! You are safe. (She on the other hand, not so safe.)

Annie said...

Darci,
I think you have a perfectly proportioned head. Janille's right, we always seem to be harder on ourselves than anyone. By the way, floaties and someone else's slobber in your cup -- GROSS! ;)

Becca said...

Yeah, the Hansen's were blessed with those jaws weren't they.

I think Riley and Sienna should hook up. Riley makes me laugh!!! I love his permagrin.

Tanya said...

Darci, Since email doesn't work, I wasn't sure how exactly to get this to you. So a post about us looked about right.... feel free to laugh til the last line applies!

If you need a smile today...
True Friendship
Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card- Just the stone cold truth of a great friendship.

1. When you are sad -- I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsiness..

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask;

'because you are my friend'.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.