Monday, March 31, 2008



So Ben and I are going on a cruise in May!!! I booked it before Christmas, without telling him ;) because it is for his 29 birthday on May 16th. I figured we've always wanted to go on a cruise, but it's always been an issue of time, money, you know...the usual excuses we find to not go and have a ball! Well I figured we need to have fun while we are still young, so I booked it! Ben knew something was coming up, but he he didn't know what or when and it was driving him crazy. He was getting downright pouty about it, so I told him about a week ago and he is really excited. I figured I should tell him since the anticipation is half the fun. And he only has to wait about 41 days now, wheareas I have know since before Christmas. It is a seven night cruise, and goes to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Peurto Vallarta. This is the cruise we've had our eye on for seven years now, and I got a pretty good deal on it. Of course when you add the airfare, transportation from airport to the cruise, and all the other stuff...it really adds up! But it is so nice because Ben now has paid vacation at work and that makes all the difference. Any advice from other more cruise-experienced people out there??? My biggest fear is going overboard (or getting mad at Ben and throwing him overboard! Just kidding of COURSE!)

14 comments:

Janille said...

HOW FUN! I'm so excited for you! How did you get away with that for this long? You are good! Well I've never been so I'm not the one for advice. But when you get back, share your advice with me!

Tanya said...

How fun for you guys!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! This is one of when we have money ploys. I am so glad that you just went ahead and booked it!!Cruises are soo omuch fun. Eat as much as the yummy food as you can and enjoy your time together.

STEPHANIE said...

How exciting for you! I'm guessing someone is watching your little boy while you go? If either of you have motion sickness take some dramamine(sp) or better yet get perscription bonine(sp). We went on a small cruise years ago and Steve got really sea sick the first day. Our dinner table buddies gave him some meds. and it worked like a charm. You will have a ton of fun!!!

PS. plan on gaining about 5 pounds because the food is so yummy and you can get as many entrees as you want and there is food around 24x7.

Jana said...

Sounds like soooo much fun. I am sure jealous. I hope you guys have so much fun and that both of you come home. :)

Becca said...

Uh... I dunno, cuz I've never been. However, my mom actually lost a couple pounds on the cruise... So who knows. Even though there'll be tons of food, I am sure you will be so busy having tons of fun site seeing and lots of hokey pokey!!

Melissa said...

We are so excited for you, and maybe even a little jealous, especially if you go to lovers beach. :) I love your blog! Where did you get the cute background? I love it!

ciara said...

Ahhh how fun that will be!! I want to go!! hehe. We need to get away too!! You guys will have a blast. Take your camera...DUH-and take lots of pics for me!! Oh and don't throw Ben overboard-unless, well, unless you REALLY NEED TOO.

Becca said...

Hey Darci -

Send the pictures and instructions to me and Ivan will put them together like you asked.

Tanya said...

So I'm going to add...I know what it must be like to be you! Burt is trying to plan a similar surprise major trip, but this will be a surprise for the little ones. And all I can think is "But we need the money for this and this and this........" and its only gonna get worse as they grow up... aaahhhh!

Maybe your money worries are contagious! Thanks for showing how to throw caution to the wind and go have FUN! :)

Oliver Family said...

That sounds so much fun. I owuld like to go on one too, but I think Mu mom and dad deserve it more than me.

Anonymous said...

Darci, I hope you get this. I just wanted to check in and make sure you and Ben are still planning on coming on Saturday. Let me know if something comes up. If you need directions let me know.

Amber said...

hey ben & darci.. you two are going to have a blast.. we just got back from this exact cruise last month it was so much fun! what excursions do u have planned? we went parasailing in cabo and took a glass bottom boat toar, mazatlan we went 4wheeling on the beach way fun!! and in puerto vallarta we went on a pirate ship adventure.. take your sun screen!! itr was 85 on march9.. :)

Michelle Akauola said...

Hey darci your little boy is so cute. And I wish I was going on a cruise. So I was looking at all your pics and I see brian and melissa. Well this is so wierd because I am really good friends with brians little sister janelle. It is such a small world. And I hear that suzette is one of your teachers or was.