Monday, March 10, 2008

My sister Kelsey is a junior this year, and so Friday and Saturday night was her junior prom. At North Sanpete High, prom is a REALLY big deal and has been for a long time. They do two nights, some girls wear two different dresses, they announce each student, and the students do a choreographed dance to a popular song of the day (this year it was Daughtry, Coming Home). After the "performance" the juniors are joined by there Mom or Dad, and enjoy a dance together. So I got a couple pictures of Kelsey dancing with my Dad too. Anyways, it was really fun to go and see Kelsey all dressed up. She looks just like Cinderella! I think she is just beautiful and I'm glad I got to go and be there for this moment she's been looking forward to for a long time. It also brought back a lot of memories from my prom. I can't believe I was once also 16. Sometimes I wish there was a way to peek back on ourselves to see what we were like at a given age. After the prom my Dad and Laurie and Ben and I went to get ice cream. Unfortunately there were two LARGE orders in front of us, so I waited at the counter for 20 minutes (and was butted in front of by some old guy) before I finally got my order in. then it was another 20 minutes before we got our two shakes and one ice water. CRAZY!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Cinderella is a good comparison! Sounds like fun!

I got your email btw, thought I'd let you know!

Becca said...

Kelsey looks beautiful; I can't believe she is already a Junior.

I'm so upset that I missed it this year.

BTW - thanks again for the ride to Sandy. It was so fun to visit with you and Ben and Riley.

Anonymous said...

O-boy! Prom at North Sanpete. That is a memory I haven't thought about in a while. 11 years ago for us. WOW! Kelsey does look very pretty. Who did you go to Prom with? I was dating Jeremy Miller. (do you remember him?)

Annie said...

Darci, you look great! I cannot believe Kelsey is that old!!!! How does that happen? Little tikes are suddenly Juniors in high school! Crazy. And Janille, I remember you dating him. Those were interesting times. That's all I'm gonna say (except that there were some tears and some sluffage of seminary).

Anonymous said...

Back off Annie! We all make mistakes!